Contact Lens Tips
- Be sure to only use contact lenses that have been approved by your eye doctor.
- Wash hands with soap and water prior to inserting or removing lenses.
- Prior to insertion, make sure the contact lens is not inside out.
- Rinse out the contact lens case after insertion and let case air dry.
- Do not re-use solution!
- When taking out your lenses, follow the cleaning instructions listed below:
- Clean your lens by gently rubbing it in the palm of your hand in order to clean off any debris that may have accumulated.
- Rinse the lens with solution.
- Place in case with new solution to disinfect overnight.
- Change your contact lens case every 2-3 months.
- Use solution recommended by your eye care provider.
- Do not sleep in contact lenses unless previously discussed with your eye doctor.
- Change lenses as recommended by your eye care professional. The usual changing cycle is: 1 month, 2 weeks, or daily.
- Check with your eye care professional if you are unsure of your contact lens changing schedule.
- If problems occur with your contact lenses — including red eyes, decrease in vision, discharge, or pain — remove the contact lenses and call your eye care provider immediately.
Contact Lens Wear Schedule for New Patients
- Day 1: 4 hours
- Day 2: 6 hours
- Day 3: 8 hours
- Day 4: 10 hours
- Day 5: 12 hours
- If discomfort or dryness occurs during your adaptation time do not force yourself to wear the lenses. Remove and continue with wear cycle the next day. Some patients take longer than others to acclimate to contact lenses.
- As stated above, if redness and pain occurs call your eye care provider promptly.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule a contact lens fitting, please contact any one of our four convenient locations.